Thursday, June 26, 2008

A dog.....a very sad dog!




The most impactful aspect of my trip was the time I spent in La Chureca. It was the closest thing I have ever seen to hell. There was dirt, trash, lots and lots of trash, heat, fire, .....and people as valuable as you and I are, living in conditions I don't think anyone should have to live in! I will post more pictures and info on the actual place latter, but for now....here's a dog!




This is a dog from La Chureca. There is a lot of animals walking around there. cows, voltures, dogs, horses and PEOPLE, all digging through the dumb to find something of use.



I am not supper compassionate for animals, but it did make make sad to see bony cows (they should be fat) and dogs should have hair right? And what should human beings have?

This is the conditin of a dog, you can imagine the condition of the children!

No, they don't look like that...they're beautiful...so very very beatiful...but they're lacking so much!!!



3 comments:

Liz said...

i guess that's why God gives us opportunities to go to places like that...so He can break us out of our American bubble and teach us that life isn't all about things and money!

Damaris said...

you have a blog!! Yei!

But noo! I do not like what i am reading... this palce will be good for you to write about your thoughts though.. so like that i could read them since i cant hear them!!

But no!! Not the dogs!!

oh dear...

this is terrible.
if this is of any hope... i once again reassure you that we are all ganna die.

i want to laugh, but then i feel weird doing so.

u know what i mean.

te quiero!

Jessica Torres said...

i laughed...and judged myself for it...

i know I'm the villain in this story, but i'm a good woman.